Web Developer Graphic Design - marketing Specialist
Web Developer and Internet Marketing Specialist seeking a permanent or contract position that utilizes my skills in sales, marketing, administration, web and information design. To be part of a group that places a high priority on teamwork, ethics, commitment, initiative, customer, staff and client relations.
Internet Professional proficient in web marketing, web development, graphic design, also including research and positioning, business strategy, HTML development, web project management and project management documentation.
· Adobe CS (Macromedia:, Macromedia Director, Freehand, Dreamweaver MX, FlashMX, UltaDev, & Basic Flash Skills), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Live Motion, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Distiller, PaintShopPro
· Microsoft Publisher, Quark Express, 3DstudioMAX, Fractal Design Painter, Avid Media Suite Pro , Net Objects Fusion & Team Objects Fusion 5.0
· AVID sound/film editing software,
· Content Management Software (Joomla, Mambo)
· Web Blogs (WordPress & various)
· Website tools (message boards, live chat, site search engine, polls, surveys, password protected directories, photo galleries, POP3 mailboxes, web based mail, auto responders, mailing list manager )
· Detailed traffic statistics & analytics (Webtrends etc)
· E-commerce shopping carts (Xcart, VirtueCart, Zen Cart)
· Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS FrontPage
· Multimedia Applied Technology, Web Design,, Graphic Design
· MSCE + Internet,
· Adobe Certified, ACE
· Oracle DBA (to be completed this year)
· UNIX/Linux; Windows 95/98/Me; Windows XP/NT/2000; Macintosh; DOS;
· XHTML/HTML, CSS Cascading Style Sheets, VBScript Visual Basic Script for ASP (some), Basic SQL. PHP
· Web design & development, implementation and maintenance
· Software configuration, including preference files, cache settings, proxies, import and export settings, along with upgrades and maintenance
· Knowledge of PC setup and installation (Systems Administration,) as well as various peripherals, data entry, and file updating.
· Experienced in online training (CBT), CRM,
· Developing & designing all corporate marketing collateral
· Network Administration: Windows 2000 Small Business Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP Professional, Internet Information Server 5.0, Microsoft Windows network client/server installations
Freelance Consultant- Free Spirit Media
Web Development- Graphic Design Project Manager Direct Marketing - SEO
· For the last seven years, I have been involved in the design, development and on-going maintenance of several web development projects.(over 300) Sites included are real estate, mortgage brokerage firms, travel industry, eco-tourism, environmental, health and personal fitness, e-cards, lotteries, photography, wildlife rehabilitation, astrology, print brokerage, helicopter sales, hospitality, pet and customer service related. Further details, with company names, are available on my portfolio site at
· I also volunteer my time as Webmaster for animal welfare, womens groups and other non-profit organizations. I developed and designed their sites, designed their newsletters, e-mail marketing and fundraising campaigns as well as administer several online message board communities.
· Previous to the above, for over five years I worked primarily on contract as a consultant within the direct marketing arena, (will provide more information regarding these companies via personal interview) as well as contributed to projects with various start-ups, established IT companies and software developers (streaming media, investor relations, gaming, search engine technologies, investor relations, lotteries) helping to brand and market their products.
· Other proficiencies included permission-based email marketing initiatives, sales channel marketing, in-depth market research, list management, direct & internet mail campaign management, investor relations software, copywriting and web content development. Additional positions held included Executive Liaison to the CEO and consulting to their Internet Marketing Department. Further details available on my portfolio website and upon request.
WSi Interactive Inc.
Senior Project Manager Direct Marketing Manager Targetpacks.com
At this Internet incubator company I re-designed, planned and led this and other projects into their official worldwide launches My duties included market research, writing the business and marketing plans, profit and loss financial statements and organizing a pool of writers and journalists for online content sales.
Cathay Online Inc.
Senior Project Manager FlashCandy.com
Online Greeting Card Company developed for worldwide email list acquisition. I organized and worked with a team of talented graphic artists, animators, web development specialists, and programmers to offer some of the most entertaining email greeting cards online. The revenue model for Flashcandy included Business-to-Consumer products and services but was primarily focused on the Business-to-Business relationships and relationship building including the following components:
· Value added services for companies by using virtual cards as a delivery method of virtual/digital gifts
· Value added services for companies by using virtual cards as pre-delivery/post-delivery and information notification
· Sell/develop/rent custom cards to corporations for mass mailing (i.e. Xmas card lists)
· Use cards as delivery method of bulk mailings (i.e. Opt-in newsletters/
· Bulk mailing, list management, list rental
· Cards sent to print shops with a commission structure
· 3rd party products for sale via Flashcandy,
· Licensing of content for other sites to purchase/lease/rent
Free Spirit Media,
Web Development and Marketing Consultant (SEO, Direct & Internet)
Independent contractor specializing in: web development, Internet Marketing and Senior Project Management. Some contracts include development from start to finish, supplying backend e-commerce solutions, extensive target market research, and permission-based email marketing and customer relationship management.
Skills utilized within the development process include:
· Needs Analysis understanding goals, audience & marketing
· Information Architecture planning content themes & navigation
· Creative Design creating & refining unique Web site design
· Implementation bringing together optimization, design & technical
· Final Testing quality assurance: testing in multiple environments
· Site Launch acquiring final approval & validation as the Web site goes live.
Client Relation Skills throughout: 4- Stage Project Sign-off Process
1. Project scope definition of project requirements and responsibilities.
2. Software design detailed description of the software functionality.
3. Concept Web design design of the Web site navigation and page layout.
4. Site content the functional Web site with the real content included.
Lerosia Lingerie Inc. was
my own venture that I researched, developed and marketed after realizing the
demand for this popular market niche. I designed high-end lingerie for larger
women via mail order and the Internet. I was assigned one of the first online
e-commerce merchant accounts from The Royal Bank of
Education and Credentials
Oracle, NYU, Sessions.edu, BCIT-CBT-UBC, Microsoft, Adobe 2000 Ongoing
· Advertising Design, Information Design, Branding & Identity, Logo Design
· Senior Project Management, Microsoft MCSE
· Oracle DBA (still in process)
· Executrain Corporate Training - Vancouver, B. C. Canada
· MSCE + Internet (Windows 2000/XP)
· Upgraded my skills in order to understand and work in a networking environment.
· Project Management
· Intense course that looked at the total Project Management Process, from planning and organizing to implementation using MS Project 2000.
Objects Fusion Corporate Training
· Net Objects Fusion v4.0 Complete Web Development Suite
· Learning the complete web development package with CBTs and instructor-led courses
· Multimedia Applied Technology
· Graduated September 1996, completing full- time diploma program
Columbia Institute of Technology
· Business Administration, Marketing
· Six years of various Business, sales and marketing courses
· Hotel Restaurant and Hospitality Management
· Graduated with a diploma in Hotel, Restaurant & Hospitality Management. (American Hotel Association Degree)
· Graduate- Journalism Program